Checkin’ In with Billy Gilman with 10 Random Questions!
We all remember Billy Gilman from back in 2000 when his song “One Voice” was a top 20 hit on the Billboard Country Music Charts. The Rhode Island native can be found in the Guinness Book Of World Records for the youngest singer to reach No.1 on the top country album chart. His latest song “The Choice” features 18 other country artists including Alan Jackson, Reba McEntire and Leann Rimes. The song is about giving to those who are needy, and each song downloaded will buy 1 pair of shoes for children in need. Gilman has a big voice but an even bigger heart. We caught up with him for our 10 random questions, and this is what he had to say:
1. How have you changed or grown since we first heard you at 11 years old singing “One Voice?”
I think between the ages of 12 and the age I am now, which is 24, everyone makes those natural leaps in maturity .I got to see a lot of the world at a very young age, and dealt with more adults in a business sense, so i think I matured at a pretty young age. But also, I really have become more chill. I was always a hyper and very animated kid. Kind of embarrassing when I look back lol.
2. What is your favorite song that you’ve written?
I’m proud of them all but of course certain ones stand out. Like The Choice. I’m very proud of that song and the mission it supports.
3. What other artists do you currently listen to?
Just downloaded The Lumineer’s new record. It’s great.
4. Where is your favorite place to perform?
I think The Grand Ole Opry. There’s something spiritual about it.
5. Any new projects in the works?
I have some songs that I am really proud of that will hopefully be heard in early 2013 keep your fingers crossed. At the end of the day I have to believe that the people and companies that release my new music are releasing it because they see the growth and they see the future. Not just a fast dollar. That’s hard to find.
6. Where is your favorite place to eat?
I love mom and pop kind of places and home cooked food. I also like to cook so I stay home. In RI I love West Bakery and in Nashville I love Mafiosso’s — I love pizza that’s good.
7. If you could duet with any female artist who would it be?
There’s a few I think would be cool to sing with. I have always liked Allison Krauss’ voice.
8. If you could have a superpower what would you pick?
To find one good politician.
9. Do you consider yourself trendy? Do you follow clothing trends?
Some people say I am, but I don’t feel I am nor try to be. I don’t follow anything — I just put on what I like ..lol
10. Is there anything you would like your fans to know?
Well if you follow me on Twitter you will know in a short amount of time that I am very thankful for my fans and their support and also that I’m just a normal guy trying to follow his dream that’s about it. Oh and that I do wear underwear and do use deodorant …that’s it. Oh…and I love coffee..ok, that’s really it.
You can follow Billy on twitter @bg524.
Watch: Billy Gilman “The Choice“.
Brittany is a guest contributor! You can find more from her via Twitter.
- Billy Gilman The Choice Music Video
- 10 Random Questions with Jack Ingram
- 10 Random Questions with Sunny Sweeney
- 10 Random Questions with Chris Janson
- Sarah Darling 10 Random Questions
Find the most current Billy Gilman tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!