Sunny Sweeney Answers Our 10 Random Questions!
She hails from good ol Texas and never goes anywhere without her guitar, Sunny Sweeney is about as country as they come. She signed with Republic Nashville in 2009, and by 2010 her single”From A Table Away” had hit radio stations across the U.S. In 2011, her second single debuted, and it’s one of my favorites! “Staying’s Worse Than Leaving” sends a great message to women everywhere who are in bad relationships. This year has already brought big things Sunny’s way as she is currently nominated for an ACM Award for “New Female Vocalist Of The Year“! Fans can vote up until Feb 4th (get the info here!). So, I decided to catch up with Sunny for my 10 random questions, check it out!
1. At what age did you know you wanted to pursue music?
2. What artists did you listen to growing up?
I listened to old school country – Merle, Loretta and Jessi Colter
3. What artists do you currently listen to?
4. One thing you can’t live without?
5. Favorite animal at the zoo?
Giraffe or the monkeys at central park zoo with glow in the dark butts
6. Candy or ice cream?
7. Beer or whiskey?
Beer. I get crazy when whiskey is in my veins.
8. Do you have a life motto?
My past made me what I am today. Proud? Not of everything. Regrets? No.
9. What can we expect in 2013? Any big plans?
Lots of writing, touring and meeting new fans!
10. What would you like to tell the world about Sunny Sweeney?
I’m supposed to be doing this music thing. It’s hard. I’ve devoted my life to it and I am here to stay!
You can follow Sunny on twitter @GettinSweenered, and be sure to vote!
Brittany is a guest contributor! You can find more from her via Twitter.
- Sunny Sweeny ACM Awards Video Message
- 10 Random Questions with Jack Ingram
- Sunny Sweeney Album Review
- 10 Random Questions with Chris Janson
- 10 Random Questions with Phoenix Stone
Find the most current Sunny Sweeney tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!