Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton and More Win Off Camera Awards for 2013 ACMs.
If awards shows, like the ACMs, gave out every trophy for every category live, we would be sitting in front of the TV for a whole lot longer than three hours (who can do that?). So, every show, for the most part, will announce “off camera” winners usually ahead of the air date, sometimes after or the day of. Well, the Academy of Country Music released Friday (March 22nd) the list of artists who earned nods in the “special awards” categories. These were voted on by the ACM Board of Directors and are apparently only bestowed when this board considers artists to be particularly deserving.
- Cliffie Stone Pioneer Award, honoring individuals who are pioneers in the genre: Keith Whitley and The Judds
- Crystal Milestone Award, given to an artist or industry leader to commemorate a specific, remarkable achievement Jason Aldean
- Gene Weed Special Achievement Award, acknowledges unprecedented, unique and outstanding individual achievement, Blake Shelton
- Jim Reeves International Award, presented to an artist for outstanding contributions to the acceptance of country music throughout the world, Lady Antebellum
- Mae Boren Axton Award, which is given in recognition of years of dedication and service by an outstanding individual to the Academy of Country Music, Tommy Wiggins
- Poet’s Award, honors songwriters for outstanding musical and/or lyrical contributions throughout their careers, Guy Clark and Hank Williams
To read more about past winners, and the “special awards” go here. The 48th Annual ACM Awards will air LIVE from Las Vegas on Sunday, April 8th and will be hosting by Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan!