Carrie Underwood crew member dies after his truck careens off an embankment.
A truck driver working as part of Carrie Underwood’s crew for her Play On tour was killed this morning in a fatal truck accident on I-95 on the way to her show at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods in Mashantucket, CT. The driver was carrying parts of Carrie’s staging when the truck careened off of the highway and plummeted down an embankment before bursting into flames. Reports say that the driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel while driving. The highway was closed off for many hours today as the wreckage was cleaned up. The show will however, go on as scheduled tonight according to a Foxwoods representative. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the truck driver, as well as Carrie and the rest of her crew.Country Music Photo Gallery
- Carrie Underwood Celebrates 23rd & 24th #1 Hits at Dazzling Industry Party
- Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher Wedding Confirmed!
- Carrie Underwood Discusses Two Black Cadillacs, Family Life, Holidays and More
- Over 8 Million Viewers Bored to Death by Carrie Underwood
- Brad Paisley And Carrie Underwood CMA Commercials
Find the most current Carrie Underwood tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!