Country Music News Blog wants to publish YOU!
Country Music News Blog would like to invite you, our readers, to come test out your writing skills! We are currently looking for columnists who would like to contribute posts to our site. You can write for us one time, or aim for a weekly column. Any person chosen for the weekly column will receive a dedicated featured space on the homepage as well as a writer’s bio on the site. While we don’t pay for news, we do understand the importance of getting published and will give plenty of credit where credit is due. All contributing writers will receive special consideration for the schwaag that comes our way as well (review CD’s, books, DVD’s, etc).
Still reading? Good! Here’s what we’re looking for:
Something fun and witty to read, that country music fans can relate to. It doesn’t have to be about country music either, although that would be a natural fit. You could also write about cooking tips, parenting techniques, farm life, vehicle maintenance, getting by in these rough economic times… whatever you want! There is no corporate backing or politics that get in the way of simply sharing our love of the country music lifestyle, and we would love for you to share it with us. We’ll be happy to publish any article as long as it at least somewhat relates to the site here. We do have a few simple rules to follow before you send in that article though:
1. Be helpful. Although our editorial staff may post a negative review here and there, we try to stay in the area of constructive criticism so that the artists and readers can get something useful out of it. Teach us something. Show off what you’ve found.
2. Keep it clean. No cussing, adult-natured content, or slander. There might be a kid or a lawyer reading somewhere.
3. Keep it original. If it’s already posted somewhere else, then we won’t post it here. The best you might get is to have the post summarized, and then a link added to the original article for more information.
4. Be patient. Not all articles are right for the site, and we find that out by letting a live human being read through them, check facts, and possibly edit for search engine friendliness before we’ll post it live. This takes time. If you have a specific date you want an article to start running, please include that in your email but we can make no guarantees.
5. No Sales Pitches! You can review a product or service that our readers may be interested in, just know that each submission is read thoroughly and anything deemed as a “sales pitch” will considered a sponsored post. Not sure of the difference between a sponsored post or guest post? Email me and we’ll go over it.
Please send all article submissions (including related pictures, links, and possibly MP3’s) to email@example.com for review.Country Music Photo Gallery
- CMNB Is Movin On Up To New & Improved Headquarters
- New Feature! Google +1 Plus One Button
- Live Commercial Free Radio on CMNB?
- Mobile Country Concert Tickets
- Sugarland Returns to Indiana
Find the most current tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!