“Country albums in 2007 suffered a 16.3 percent dip in sales from those of a year before, falling from almost 75 million copies to just under 63 million, according to the annual compilation from Nielsen SoundScan.”-CMT
Rumor has it sales are down in Nashville. While some seem surprised by this, I certainly am not. It used to be that each new star had somethin’ about them that really stood out. The hot canadian. The rustic cowboy. The rodeo man. The girl next door. You know who I’m talkin’ about. But in the year 2007 if I were interested in buying say… 10 new albums from the newest chart-toppers I’d be hard-pressed to find 10 that sounded different from each other. Hmmm… tough choice #1; Kelli Pickler or Taylor Swift? Kenny Chesney or Kieth Urban? Who can tell the difference anymore? I think sales only dropped in proportion to the number of options.
- Keith Urban Auction:Ultimate Experience for Fans
- Keith Urban and Taylor Swift Featured On Tim McGraw’s New Album
- Tune-In Alert: “Keith Urban: Live From Phoenix” Debuts Friday July 14th on Audience Network
- Tour Time for Country Music Stars!
- Keith Urban’s 2009 Tour, Josh Gracin’s Telluride, Taylor Swift’s Jonas Inspiration and more!
Find the most current Keith Urban tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!