Garth Brooks Announces a full force comeback complete with new music!
In an online press conference held at 11am Central today, July 10th, 2014, Garth Brooks announced that he is teaming up with Sony Music Group
- Doug Morris, CEO of Sony Music Entertainment, began by announcing a record deal between Garth Brooks and Sony Music. He offered a recap of Garth’s accomplishments, then introduced Garth Brooks to the stage.
- Garth described this stage of his life as “the second half of his career”.
- Garth confirmed new music IS coming, and he will be working with producer Mark Miller, and engineer Matt Allen, and the same band.
- Garth says “The world has changed, but all we can be is ourselves.”
- Songs have been selected from Nashville and LA songwriters.
- No set ETA on a new album. According to Garth “The guys are telling me to keep it vague, but [you’ll hear] new music in the next month”.
- Garth has finally consented to allow digital distribution (Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, etc) in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to www.garthbrooks.com for details.
- His official presence on Social Media is still up in the air.
- Ticketmaster will be handling the world tour.
- The announcement for the opening city of the world tour will be coming July 14th.
- The official word on Ireland is “I don’t have a clue” “In January I went over… and was treated like a king… up to ten days ago, two weeks ago it was nothing but love. Then it was ‘we’ve got you covered for the first three shows, but the other two are up to you’.” In short, they are still waiting on the official word. In fact, much of the Q&A after the announcements covered the controversy in great detail. (video recap coming soon)
Watch the FULL video from the Garth Brooks Press Conference!
Find the most current Garth Brooks tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!