We’ve just received the news that the music world has sadly lost another icon. Glen Campbell has passed at the age of 81 from complications relating to his long battle with Alzheimers. Glen’s legacy will carry him forward in our hearts and in the industry as we look back and appreciate all of his contributions to the soundtrack of our lives. Rest well Glen.
As listed by our friends at TMZ: The musician released more than 70 albums over a 50-year career, and had a series of hits in the ’60s and ’70s including “Gentle on My Mind,” “Wichita Lineman,” “Galveston,” “Country Boy” and his best-selling single, “Rhinestone Cowboy.” Glen made history in 1967 by winning 4 Grammys in the country and pop categories, and took home CMA’s Entertainer of the Year award in 1968.
Glen was attended by family until his passing, and is survived by his loving wife Kim, as well as 8 children.
- Watch Now: 2017 CMA Awards Videos
- Preview: Tonight’s ACM Honors Broadcast on CBS
- Watch Now: Tim McGraw & Faith Hill “The Rest Of Our Life”
- Shania Twain “Life’s About To Get Good” Official Video!
- Country Stars Cover Queen – Celebrating Freddie Mercury On His Birthday
Find the most current Glen Campbell tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!