650 AM-WSM Announcer Bill Cody, Ian and Randy Owen
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – (Sept. 13, 2016) – The Grand Ole Opry® celebrated Country Cares for St. Jude Kids® during a special sh ow this evening. Performers included Randy Owen of Alabama, CMA nominated-group Old Dominion, Montgomery Gentry, Wade Hayes, Ricky Skaggs, and Drake White, among others.
Throughout the show, photos and videos of special moments from Country Cares for St. Jude Kids were sh ared during the Opry performances. St. Jude patient Ian, who is eight years old, took the stage as a special guest announcer for the night. After Ian presented Randy with a memento thanking him for 27 years of work with Country Cares for St. Jude Kids, the Country Music Hall of Famer returned the favor and surprised him with an official print recognizing his Opry guest announcer appearance.
About Country Cares for St. Jude Kids:
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has been actively involved in radio event fundraising for 27 years, raising national awareness and more than $500 million to help St. Jude fight childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Every year, approximately 1,000 country music industry leaders gather in Memphis every January for the Country Cares for St. Jude Kids® program to support the lifesaving work of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®.
About the Grand Ole Opry:
The Grand Ole Opry® is presented by Humana®. Opry performances are held every Friday and Saturday of the year, with Tuesday Night Opry shows running through December 13. The Opry presents the best in country music live every week from Nashville, Tenn.C2� Celebrating nine decades of entertainment, the Opry can be heard at opry.com and wsmonline.com, Opry and WSM mobile apps, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, and its flagship home, 650 AM-WSM. The Grand Ole Opry is owned by Ryman Hospitality Properties (NYSE: RHP). For more information, visit opry.com.
Photos By Chris Hollo for the Grand Ole Opry
Old Dominion & Ian
Ian & Ricky Skaggs
Ian & Wade Hayes
- “American Saturday Night: Live From The Grand Ole Opry” Available on DVD and BluRay TODAY
- Ricky Skaggs to Perform at "The 50th Annual CMA Awards" Airing Nov. 2 on ABC
- Grand Ole Opry Introduces The Opry Box, Country Music’s First Merchandise Subscription Box
- "OPRY GOES PINK" As Jason Aldean’s "Concert for a Cure" Returns to Nashville in Support of the Fight Against Breast Cancer Benefiting Susan G. Komen and Women Rock For The Cure
- Steve Wariner and Blake Shelton Duet on Hit Song “Lynda” During Special Grand Ole Opry Performance
Find the most current Old Dominion tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!