HOUSTON LIVESTOCK SHOW AND RODEO™ OPENS REGISTRATION FOR 30TH ANNUAL RODEO RUN, PRESENTED BY CONOCOPHILLIPS — NOV. 16, 2016 — HOUSTON — FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — Entries open today for the 30th annual Rodeo Run, with proceeds from the event benefiting the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Educational Fund. Since the Rodeo Run began in 1988, $4.8 million has been contributed to the Show’s educational programs.
The Rodeo Run is scheduled for Saturday, March 4, 2017, followed by the Downtown Rodeo Parade through the streets of Houston. There are several different ways to participate:
- 5K walk/run
- 10K run
- 5K/10K wheelchair race
- virtual runner
All entries in the 5K and 10K, as well as virtual runners, receive the official Rodeo Run T-shirt.
- Register online now at com/rodeorun.
- Everyone registering today, Nov. 16, 2016, will be entered to win a pair of United Airlines tickets.
Early bird registration is open online now through Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017:
- 5K walk/run: $30 (plus a convenience and optional mailing fee)
- 10K: $30 (plus a convenience and optional mailing fee)
- virtual runner: $30 (plus a convenience and optional mailing fee)
Late registration is available online from Friday, Feb. 17, to Friday, March 3, 2017, at noon:
- 5k walk/run: $35 (plus a convenience and optional mailing fee)
- 10k: $35 (plus a convenience and optional mailing fee)
Online registration ends Friday, March 3, 2017, at noon. Participants may register in person at Luke’s Locker, 1953 West Gray, Houston, Texas 77019, from Wednesday, March 1, through Friday, March 3, 2017.
There is no packet pickup on the day of the race, Saturday, March 4. If packet mailing is not chosen during registration, participants MUST pick up their race packets at Luke’s Locker (1953 West Gray) on Wednesday, March 1, through Friday, March 3, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
|RACE DAY SCHEDULE – Saturday, March 4, 2017
|9:10 a.m.||10K fast wave|
|9:20 a.m.||10K general wave|
|9:35 a.m.||5K walk/run|
- All events start on the corner of Bagby and Walker streets.
- The race ends on Allen Parkway, followed by a post-race party at Eleanor Tinsley Park.
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is a Section 501(c)(3) charity that benefits youth, supports education, and facilitates better agricultural practices through exhibitions and presentation. Since its beginning in 1932, the Show has committed more than $430 million to the youth of Texas. For more information, visit rodeohouston.com and connect with #RODEOHOUSTON online via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for all of the latest news. The 2017 Show is scheduled March 7 – 26.
Find the most current The Farm tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!