Jamey Johnson Debuts Hank Cochran Tribute Album Next Week!
Jamey Johnson is releasing a brand new album, Living For a Song: A Tribute to Hank Cochran, next week! It will be available Tuesday, October 16th, and features collaborations with a slew of big name country singers including: Asleep at the Wheel, Bobby Bare, Hank Cochran, Elvis Costello, Ronnie Dunn, Vince Gill, Merle Haggard, Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristofferson, Alison Krauss, Willie Nelson, Ray Price, Leon Russell, George Strait and Lee Ann Womack.
Hank Cochran passed away in 2010 at the age of 74 and is considered to be one of the greatest, most important songwriters in country music.
“If I had to dream up somebody like Hank to influence songwriters, I couldn’t have done a better job. That’s what he was– not just for me, but for Willie and for a lot of people–just a helpful friend. If he knew you needed help with something, he could help you. He was there. And that’s what I want to be for the people in my life, same as Hank. He influenced me, not only as an artist and songwriter, but also as a person.” -Jamey Johnson
Johnson will be busy over the next few days promoting the album, and next week he will announce details about his Fall tour. Find a complete list of his promo appearances below.
Jamey Johnson Promotional Appearances:
- Thursday, October 11th: Imus in the Morning
- Friday, October 12th: to perform “Make the World Go Away” on The Late Show with David Letterman along with Alison Krauss
- Monday, October 15th: discussing the project with Eddie Stubbs on WSM-AM at 7 p.m. CT.
- Tuesday, October 16th: celebrate the album’s release with a concert at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium
- Jamey Johnson Hank Cochran Tribute Album
- Jamey Johnson Living For A Song Tour
- Jamey Johnson Performs at Farm Aid 2011
- Jamey Johnson Receives Gold Certification
- Jamey Johnson At Billy Bob’s
Find the most current Jamey Johnson tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!