Lauren Alaina Interview: Country Music Singin’ Newbie Answers 10 Questions for CMNB!
Since Lauren Alaina won over the hearts of America and the country music fan base on American Idol, she has been a busy, busy young woman releasing music, touring, performing and making appearances everywhere from the Grand Ole Opry to country music awards shows! Despite being so busy, Lauren took the time to answer ten questions just for CMNB! You can check out the interview below, and also look through our photos from her recent performance at The AMP in Fayetteville, AR!
10 Questions for Lauren Alaina:
1. You’ve had a heck of a year (and more)! What was your favorite moment?
There are seriously so many pinch me moments! If I relate this question to touring, I would say when I was on tour with Jason Aldean I got to sing “Dont You Wanna Stay” with him during his set. It was incredible!
2. Your debut album is amazing! What was your favorite part of the recording process?
I love the whole vibe of being in the studio. I get to be free and just simply be me. I like to try new things and push myself. It’s always fun to hear back the finished product after you work so hard.
3. Which of your songs do you enjoy performing live the most?
My favorite song to do live is probably “Tupelo“. The live version is a lot different than the record. That is probably what is so fun about doing songs live. We worked up some changes and it’s sooo much fun.
4. Since your time of American Idol, a lot has changed. What in your life has stayed the same?
My family and friends are still as close to me as they were before, and that’s super important to me.
5. So, you’re obviously a very busy young woman…when you’re not hard at work, what do you like to do for fun?
I like to be at home and just enjoy time with friends and family.
6. What are your plans for the future?
I strive everyday to be the best person I can be. I take my life day by day. I don’t know exactly what the future holds but I’m completely prepared for it. I am a senior in high school so I am definitely thinking about my academic future. I just have to determine what path will work best for me.
7. Will we be seeing new music from Lauren Alaina in 2013?
Definitely. I’m always preparing new music. I can’t wait to share it!
8. Who are your influences/inspirations?
My momma. She is the most important person in my life (:
9. From what you’ve seen and experienced so far, what advice would you give to other young women who are aspiring singers/performers?
Believe in yourself and keep doing what you love. Trust in your family and God, the rest will fall into place.
10. Lastly, for fun, what are your favorite songs on your iPod right now?
“Hard to Love” by Lee Brice, “Cruise” by Florida Georgia Line, “See You When I See You” by Jason Aldean, “Wanted” by Hunter Hayes, “Wide Awake” by Katy Perry, “Two Black Cadillacs” and “Blown Away” by Carrie Underwood.