Lionel Richie will release Tuskegee, a collection of 13 of his international hits recorded with some of the biggest names in country music, on March 27 on Mercury Nashville.
Lionel Richie’s duet partners include Jennifer Nettles, Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton, Darius Rucker, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, Billy Currington, Little Big Town, Shania Twain, Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson and Jimmy Buffett.
Tuskegee is an exciting new chapter in a career that has seen album sales of more than 100 million, 22 Top 10s, fifty Grammys, an Academy Award for Best Original Song, a Golden Globe and a host of other awards.
Tuskegee is also a musical homecoming that feels like a heartwarming reunion with a beloved friend. He proves that you can go home again as he returns to his Southern roots to pay tribute to his hometown of Tuskegee, Alabama, where he was shaped as a man and a musician. He was exposed to country, gospel, R&B and classical music growing up and this town is where he helped form the Commodores and wrote his first hits, including “Sail On” and “Easy.”
“Tuskegee is where it all began, the place where I felt all things were available and possible. It’s where I learned about life and love and the power of music, and the place I built a musical foundation that knows no genres or boundaries.” -Richie
Richie is following his songs as they take him back to country, where they have been welcomed for more than two decades. Conway Twitty recorded “Three Times A Lady,” Kenny Rogers famously sang “Lady” and Alabama recorded “Deep River Woman.” He has performed on the Country Music Association Awards three times, his 2011 performance received two standing ovations.
Richie says recording Tuskegee was perhaps the most fun he has ever had in the studio.
“Tuskegee is going to be one of the most special albums I’ve ever done in my life. This is something that is going to be so special forever because it’s a moment in time when all these artists got together and celebrated some music. What started out as a collaboration of a group of very talented, very successful artists ended up growing into brand new, very good friends.”
April 2, a concert special, Lionel Richie and Friends “In Concert,” will be recorded in Las Vegas and aired on CBS at a later date. The show will include Jason Aldean, The Band Perry, Martina McBride, Lady Antebellum, Kenny Rogers and more!
Tuskegee Track Listing
1. You Are – with Blake Shelton
2. Say You, Say Me – with Jason Aldean
3. Stuck On You – with Darius Rucker
4. Deep River Woman – with Little Big Town
5. My Love – with Kenny Chesney
6. Dancing On The Ceiling – with Rascal Flatts
7. Hello – with Jennifer Nettles
8. Sail On – with Tim McGraw
9. Endless Love – with Shania Twain
10. Just For You – Billy Currington
11. Lady – with Kenny Rogers
12. Easy – with Willie Nelson
13. All Night Long – with Jimmy Buffett
- Shania Twain and Lionel Richie Endless Love Video
- Lionel Richie Receives First CMA Nomination
- Lionel Richie’s Tuskegee Debuts At No. 1
- Curb Releases Tim McGraw and Friends January 22nd
- Lionel Richie added to All for the Hall Benefit
Find the most current Lionel Richie tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!