Last night Eric Church stepped on hallowed ground and paid tribute to all those who were forever scarred, injured, or killed in the terrible shooting that took place this last Sunday night in Las Vegas, NV.
Church recalled jumping into the audience to greet his fans during his Friday night set. “I shook everybody’s hand and I thanked them for coming,” he said onstage at the Opry. “I came back up the left side, saw smiling faces, hands in the air and pictures being taken … 48 hours later, those places where I stood was carnage.
“Those are my people. Those are my fans,” Church continued, tearing up and admitting he didn’t want to perform at the Opry or even play guitar. But after seeing an interview on CNN with Melton’s wife Heather talking about how her husband was a fan of Church, he was inspired to write “Why Not Me.”
- Watch Now: 2017 CMA Awards Videos
- Country Stars Cover Queen – Celebrating Freddie Mercury On His Birthday
- Chris Janson Invited to Join The Grand Ole Opry
- 2018 ACM Award Winners According to YouTube
- Grand Ole Opry Flood Anniversary Concert
Find the most current Eric Church tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!