As previously announced last week SLACKER RADIO last night (8/7) officially launched “Woman Crush Everyday” (#WCE), a channel devoted to, and curated by female Country artists. TUESDAY evening’s event was co-hosted by WME and CHANGE THE CONVERSATION, and featuring performances by NATALIE STOVALL, POST MONROE, and LAUREN DUSKI. In addition, the service has unveiled SLACKER Studio, a mobile app allowing hosts and contributors to remotely add music and commentary to SLACKER stations.
“We have amazingly talented women making music in NASHVILLE, and they deserve to be heard,” said SLACKER Country Format Captain JESS WRIGHT. “In 2017, more than 97% of the artists who appeared on the year-end Country Top 40 were male. This doesn’t reflect the quality of music created by women; it reflects a lack of support from the gatekeepers of Country music who believe that women have limited commercial appeal. I’m excited that, through SLACKER, we can bring the music of female Country artists directly to our audience, curated by the people who are most passionate about it — the women in NASHVILLE’s music industry.”
Added CMT SVP/Strategy LESLIE FRAM, a co-founder of CHANGE THE CONVERSATION, “I’m thrilled that there’s another platform to support female artists. Women have always been the cornerstone of Country music, and their voices need to be heard.” Listen to #WCE Country here.
- CMT LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL MUSIC SERIES ‘NEXT WOMEN OF COUNTRY LIVE’
- Tribute Concert Celebrating Pioneering Women of Country, Blues and Folk to Benefit the Americana Music Association®
- Target and Garth Brooks Team Up to Release “Garth Brooks: The Ultimate Collection,” An Exclusive 10-Disc Boxed Set Featuring New Album
- Introducing: J. Antonette
- Cold River Records’ Drew Baldridge Donates Bose System to MNPS Music Makes Us® Program
Find the most current Natalie Stoval tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!