When asked who his dream Opry duet partner was in an interview, Blake Shelton answered “Steve Wariner.” It’s not surprising as Wariner has had one of the longest-lasting and most influential careers in country music history. On Thursday night, during a special star-packed CMA Week Opry performance, the pair sang a duet on “Lynda” — one of the singer/songwriter’s 22 No. 1 hits. 2017 also marks the 30th Anniversary of the song released in 1987.
“I am humbled by Blake’s answer to that question and singing with him on the Grand Ole Opry stage was a heck of a time. He’s one of the giants of today so I am glad we got to do this,” said Steve Wariner.
- Ricky Skaggs To Celebrate 30 Years As An Opry Member
- Grand Ole Opry Patsy Cline Memorial Concert
- Grand Ole Opry Flood Anniversary Concert
- Grand Ole Opry Goes Home!
- Loretta Lynn’s 50th Grand Ole Opry Celebration
Find the most current Blake Shelton tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!