BIG MACHINE RECORDS’ TAYLOR SWIFT made a surprise appearance at NASHVILLE’s BLUEBIRD CAFE over the weekend to perform for the intimate crowd. SWIFT was welcomed to the stage by veteran songwriter CRAIG WISEMAN, who was the BLUEBIRD’s main billing on SATURDAY, MARCH 31st. SWIFT performed “Shake It Off;” “Better Man,” which she wrote for LITTLE BIG TOWN; and “Love Story,” which SWIFT told the crowd she originally intended to co-write with WISEMAN before he opted out of the session, according to the TENNESSEAN.
SWIFT’s performance at the BLUEBIRD was filmed for a documentary that will honor the venue’s 35th anniversary. The iconic NASHVILLE landmark holds personal significance for SWIFT, as it was there that BIG MACHINE LABEL GROUP Pres./CEO SCOTT BORCHETTA first heard SWIFT play, when she was only in eighth grade, and offered her a publishing deal. SWIFT has spent recent years dominating the Pop charts and is currently preparing for her “REPUTATION TOUR,” which is set to kick off next month.
- Joe Diffie Signs With Silverado Records
- AARON TIPPIN WINS TELLY AWARD FOR 25TH ANNIVERSARY DOCUMENTARY
- CMA Touring Awards Winners Announced
- Lorrie Morgan and Brother Marty Morgan Collaborate for a Special Night at the Bluebird in Nashville
- Why Country Music Blogs Still Cover Taylor Swift
Find the most current Taylor Swift tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!