The Grascals enjoy receiving five nominations for the 2010 IBMA’s.
Two-time IBMA Entertainers of the Year The Grascals are in the hunt for the 2010 Awards, making the final ballot in the following categories:
• Entertainer of the Year
• Album of the Year (THE FAMOUS LEFTY FLYNN’S)
• Recorded Event of the Year for “I’m Blue, I’m Lonesome” with Hank Williams, Jr.
• Instrumental Recorded Performance of the Year for “Blue Rock Slide”
• Reigning two-time Banjo Player of the Year, Kristin Scott Benson, is nominated again for the award
“The Grascals are now six years old and we’re still in the dance with the rest of the great bluegrass artists out there. We’re very honored for all our IBMA nominations received today. Special thanks to all the fans, radio and IBMA members for their vote,” says Jamie Johnson. “Thanks to the good Lord for letting us make the music that we love and continue to love – and will love for the rest of our career!”
Known as a genre-bending sextet that strives to give their audiences 110 percent each time they take the stage, The Grascals borrowed The Monkees’ pop hit, “Last Train to Clarksville,” and “grassed it up”as the first radio single and video from their fourth album, THE FAMOUS LEFTY FLYNN’S, which currently sits at #1 on both the Bluegrass Unlimited and Bluegrass Music Profiles charts. They will continue to open dates this Fall for the Hank Williams, Jr Rowdy Friends Tour, along with Jamey Johnson, Eric Church, Colt Ford, Gretchen Wilson and Sunny Sweeney.
The announcements were made this morning at the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum; winners will be announced September 30 during the IBMA Awards Show at the Ryman Auditorium
Country Music Photo Gallery
- The Grascals Perform on Larry’s Country Diner
- Grammy Awards 2013 Country Nominations
- 2012 CMT Award Highlights
- Takin’ a Break with HaleighT-Country Music News Ep5
- Country Grammy Nominations
Find the most current The Grascals tour dates from our partners at Country Music On Tour, your trusted country concert ticket source!